Our Team of Experts
Jan is a founding director of A to Zest and is the driving force behind our Front of House team. She works closely with our event leaders ensuring that every event is handled with meticulous attention to detail and prompt efficiency.
- Our clients regularly tell us how much they enjoy the enthusiasm, dedication and sense of fun that she brings to every occasion.
Jan spent many years running front of house teams at some of the Marches's finest venues. In 2009 that all changed with the creation of A to Zest. In the intervening years she has successfully taken on many challenges organising events from fine dining dinner parties for 450 guests through to meticulously detailed corporate events for prestigious business leaders.
- Favourite DishLoin of Venison served with Celeriac Purée, Caramelised Shallots and a Blackberry Reduction
- Favourite RestaurantCasamia, Bristol
As a founding director Mark has brought over 15 years business and events experience to A to Zest. He now heads up finance and resourcing functions, as well as business development strategy.
- He is passionate about 'going back to the floor', for this reason you will regularly see him assisting on the pass at events ensuring that every plate leaving the kitchen is beautifully presented.
- Favourite DishRoasted Rump of Lamb served with Rosemary Roasted New Potatoes, Roasted Root Vegetables, Wilted Garlic Greens and Watercress and a Sage Jus
- Favourite RestaurantRestaurant James Sommerin, Penarth
Billy spent many years working in some of the finest restaurants in the South West culminating in a 4 year residence under Michael Caines at the 2 Michelin Starred Gidleigh Park.
- Through his own agency Billy has acted as a consultant chef for many clients including the BBC, supplying his vast depth of knowledge and wide experience to many global projects.
Billy has been working with us since 2012 in many capacities from leading event teams through to menu research and development.
- Signature DishRoasted Halibut and Crab Beignet served with Samphire and a Bisque Sauce
- Home Kitchen Favourite36 Hour Chuck Steak Roast served with Yorkshire Puddings, Roasted Root Vegetables, Greens and Onion Gravy
Having gained many years invaluable experience in his native Hungary, Gabor took up the challenge to work in the UK. In 2006 he joined the prestigious team at Hereford’s Left Bank, quickly rising through the ranks to attain the Head Chef position in this three restaurant fine dining complex. Following a change of ownership in 2011 he sought a new challenge taking the head chef position at one of Hereford’s most successful restaurants.
- Gabor brings a vast amount of experience to the head chef role at AtoZest. Equally accomplished at writing and delivering thoughtful menus through to managing kitchen brigades, sometimes of up to 30 chefs. Attention to detail, clarity of communication and above all an abundance of culinary skills are just a few of the talents that Gabor contributes to this demanding task.
- Signature DishCrispy Confit Duck Leg served with Puy Lentil & Garlic Fricassée, Roasted Heritage Beetroot, Panko Gherkin, Sweetbread Tempura & Port Jus.
- Home Kitchen FavouriteSmoked Ham Hock, Pinto Bean & Orzo Goulash Soup served with Crème Fraîche
Gabor Laszlo Szabados
Assistant Head Chef
Having been born and brought up in Budapest, Gabor felt the calling to a culinary career very early. Formative years were spent studying under highly experienced and skilled chefs carefully learning all aspects of kitchen technique.
Over two decades Gabor has gone on to climb the ranks in various prestigious restaurants across Hungary and the UK. During this time he has developed a contemporary style based on beautiful presentation and delicately balanced flavours.
In his own words he says ‘It is my passion to make those that eat my food smile, it is the driving force behind what I do.’
- Signature DishMadeira Pan Seared Breast of Pigeon served with Griddled Vegetables, Roasted Heritage Tomatoes, Sweet Beetroot & Red Wine Reduction.
- Home Kitchen FavouriteÎles Flottantes
Hannah joined us in 2014 as a senior front of house team leader. In that time she has taken on significant responsibilities for A to Zest including directing operations at our flagship venues.
Before coming to us Hannah spent 12 years gaining invaluable experience in hospitality in London. Initially working at private member dining clubs and event catering companies, Hannah quickly rose to hold the position of Head of Events at the National Theatre.
With family already based in the area, Hannah and her husband decided to leave London and raise their young family in the Herefordshire countryside.
- Favourite DishMoules & Frites with a glass of Prosecco
- Favourite RestaurantThe Rivington Grill, Greenwich
Nicole has been working with us since 2010 making her Jan's longest serving front of house team leader. As a senior member of A to Zest her core responsibilities lie in planning and leading front of house operations for weddings and parties. In recent years she has also been involved in delivering corporate events for us at Land Rover Experience, Eastnor.
Nicole came to us with vast experience in the hospitality industry having spent over 12 years managing very successful local restaurants.
- Favourite DishPan Fried Calf's Liver served with Grilled Bacon, Creamy Mashed Potato and Onion Gravy
- Favourite RestaurantThe Witchery, Edinburgh